The history of the College of Oil and Gas Technologies, Engineering, and Service Infrastructure of the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies began 75 years ago, on June 24, 1944, when the Resolution of the USSR State Defense Committee on the creation of an oil technical school in Odessa was adopted.
The training of specialists in the transportation and storage of oil and gas was especially important during that period. 43 students, one lecture room in Kirov Street - so the technical school began its first academic year in November 1944. The first graduation of technologists, planners and accountants took place in 1948.
With time new specialties were born:
“Transportation and storage of oil and gas”,
“The construction of gas and oil pipelines and gas and oil storage facilities”,
“Operation of automatic and mechanical devices in the gas and oil industry”,
“Line-cable communication facilities”,
"Industrial and civil construction".
In 1967, the USSR Ministry of Gas Industry approved a project for the construction of a new large educational complex, in which the technical school found permanent residence in Levitan Street in the resort area of the city.
Since 1968, the technical school has been subordinated to the Ministry of Gas Industry, later renamed the Odessa Technical School of the Gas and Oil Industry.
By the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 491 dated May 24, 1997 “On the Transfer of Some Higher Educational Institutions to the Ministry of Education,” the technical school was transferred to the Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 303 dated 05/19/2003 "On the reorganization of the Odessa technical school of Gas and Oil Industry", the technical school entered the structure of the Odessa State Academy of Refrigeration. In 2012, according to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated May 31, No. 334-r, the technical school was joined to the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies.
Since December 1, 2017, the technical school, by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1336 dated October 3, 2017, receives college status and is renamed the "College of Oil and Gas Technologies, Engineering and Service Infrastructure of the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies". This college is the only one in Odessa that provides training for specialists in oil and gas specialties.